The Gang (minus Graeme) talks about the hottest stories of the week from NASA and the last shuttle launch; Apple’s blow-out quarter (as well as Google’s); Google+; Microsoft earnings; and much more. We only mention the stifling heat that passed us over this past week, instead focusing on the acceleration this summer of hot announcements even we are having a hard time staying on top of as a group!
Discussed during the show:
- NASA on the tech made possible due to our space program
- Apple blows out quarter; New Macs (Air; Mini); Mac OS X Lion; Lion Downloads Top One Million in First Day; Apple to buy Hulu?; Disappearing $69 iPad 2 triggers buyer outrage at Sears; Tablet PCs Threaten PC Dominance
- Google blows out quarter; Brand pages on Google+; Vic Gundotra On How Google+ Handled Brands: “It Was Probably A Mistake”
- Microsoft Beats Expectations but Microsoft Posts a 30% Increase in Profit, but Sales of Windows Are Weak; Mary-Jo Foley: Microsoft worldwide tablet operating-system share at 5 percent; Anybody Who Thinks Microsoft Is Going Out Of Business Is Nuts — Here’s Why
- UPCOMING EVENTS: WordPressMSP on July 28th on Gravity Forms; CoCoMSP Kickoff Party on Saturday, July 30th (note slow link…be patient)