The Gang shows up for the Social Media Breakfast held at Thomson Reuters to talk the new Kindle Fire, tablets and tablet publishing, and mobile. We didn’t have enough time to be exhaustive in our discussion, but we cover a lot of ground in a short time.
Joining us on the ‘cast is our frequent guest host, Julio Ojeda-Zapata, as well as Albert Maruggi of Provident Partners (the moderator for the panel discussion on mobile social media). Toward the end Lisa Grimm joins us to chime in on mobile social media and what she’s up to at Mall of America.
Hosts: Steve Borsch, Tim Elliott, Graeme Thickins and Phil Wilson.
A few photos from SMBMSP:
Discussed during the show:
- Amazon Kindle Fire launches to mostly positive reviews: Verge; Engadget; GigaOm
- Julio’s draft of his upcoming Sunday review of the Kindle Fire
- B&N Nook Tablet also ships: Engadget; Techcrunch
- Tablet publishing tools are proliferating: Yudu; Genwi; Adobe; App Press; JoeMobi (local Minnesota startup); Apple: In March of this year, Gadget Daily News claimed that Apple has an answer to the iPad publishing question in the works: a magazine template for the Xcode development environment
- Responsive web design: A List Apart article that got this topic started; What It Is and How To Use It; 50 Examples and Best Practices
- Our Minnov8 Gang Podcast is now on Stitcher! Listen to us on your iPhone, Android Phone, BlackBerry and WebOS phones.
- Wednesday, December 7th: MOJO Mixer 2 – Speed Mentoring for Startups: 6:00 PM, PSoup HQ, St. Paul
- December 10th to 13th: TIES 2011 EduTech Conference – , 9:00am – 5:00pm, Hyatt Regency Minneapolis