Mobile March is in full swing today and the Gang has on Guy Thier, Chief Information Officer at Bally Total Fitness. Bally is among the largest full-service commercial operators of fitness centers in North America in terms of members, revenues and square footage of its facilities. As CIO, Guy is responsible for creating and executing Bally’s technology vision to support Bally’s market strategy. Like jazzercise in the 1980s, you’ll hear he’s done more to accelerate use of mobile technologies than any other CIO we’ve found and “mobilecise” Bally Fitness in unique and innovative ways.
Also joining us on the ‘cast is Justin Grammens with Code 42 Software, one of the cofounders of Mobile March along with Phil Wilson and Linda Cummings in 2010. Mobile March offered two tracks of learning this year: Mobile Development and Mobile Business. By offering content that appealed to mobile developers, business people, these co-founders hoped to facilitate a greater understanding between all constituencies that make mobile happen. We think it worked well and was a great event!
Hosts: Steve Borsch, Tim Elliott and Phil Wilson (Graeme Thickins is off)
- March 24-25: Overnight Website Challenge by The Nerdery
- March 28: JAMF Software’s “Everything Apple…managed“
- April 7th: MinneBar, Best Buy headquarters
- April 16-17: MinneWebCon at the U of MN
- April 25: MHTA Spring Conference, Minneapolis Convention Center
- June 5-8: eyeo Festival, Walker Art Center
|Press to Play Podcast:||Direct Link to Podcast MP3|