The local Minnesota startup community continues to grow as have technology players who started up a long time ago. One of those growing, players, an organization that has reinvented itself and accelerated in to the mobile space by helping developers monetize their apps and even vaulting themselves in to the thick of things with their own social FlipToast app, is St. Cloud-based W3i. Though putting “evangelist” in his Senior Vice President list of duties isn’t official, co-founder Rob Weber is certainly that and a lot more and we were delighted to have him on the podcast this week.
Hosts: Steve Borsch, Tim Elliott, Graeme Thickins and Phil Wilson.
Music: Traveling Blues by Bo Lozoff brought to us by the podsafe Music Alley.
Image: “Toaster image” used for composite is courtesy PixelPlacebo under a Creative Commons license.
This week’s stories…
- Nifty Gifter wins Start-up Weekend 4
- Schulze bid for Best Buy expected later, and lower
- Yes, Apple will approve Google Maps for iOS
- W3i’s New Space at Grain Exchange
- W3i’s Partnership with Imangi Studio’s Temple Run is massive success
- W3i sponsoring a Holiday Bash Mixer on December 13th
- W3i Careers
- Unity Game Tool
- Robert Stephens on This Week in Google (TWiG)
- Architecture Technology Corp in Eden Prairie
- Two Minnesota startups will be pitching at Defragcon and Blurcon in Denver next week:
- Philips Hue
- Weekly: TechMasters – Toastmasters for Techies
- Friday, November 9th: Free Workshop on Social Media Analytics (SOBACO, U of M Carlson School), 3:00-4:30pm
- Tue/Wed, November 13-14: MobCon, Hilton Downtown Minneapolis
- USE DISCOUNT CODE minnoV8pals (yes, it is cAsE sEnsiTivE)
- Fri/Sat Nov 16-17: Codeslingers Challenge
- Tuesday, November 27th: WordPress MSP at the Nerdery
- Thursday, November 29th: Twin Cities Manufacturing Tour
- Sat-Tue, December 8-11: TIES 2012 Education Technology Conference
- Thursday, March 21st: Mobile March 2013 – Details to come.