Our guest host this week is our good friend Julio Ojeda-Zapata. Besides enjoying his guest-hosting on the podcast, we were particularly interested in an article he wrote on Flarean, a St. Paul-based startup (see St. Paul tech startup’s mission is to light the way – literally ).
This post title about “light up the night” is a bit of a misnomer since they’ve been out testing stuff at night since they’re in stealth startup mode. Flarean’s vision is, “…to have every street, every home in America and the world connected by beautiful products that save lives and inform people about public safety.” It’s a big vision with a strong purpose and some cool technology to back it up.
Joining us as our guest this week is the founder and CEO of Flarean, Jason Barnett. Find out what they do, how he started it, his team, and where they’re headed next (and it’s much more than lights at night!).
Past Week’s Top Minnesota Stories
- Health Tech Industry Flush With Job Openings But Not Enough Talent
- Mayo Clinic Technology Said To Alleviate Nausea From VR
- Once-threatened low-cost Internet gets new life in the Twin Cities
- Sprint owns up to past problems, hopes to win back customers
- St. Paul tech startup’s mission is to light the way – literally
This Week’s Guest… Jason Barnett
His background in the arts, technology, media and social organizing along with his expertise in forging new paths and opportunities have previously lead to the founding of TheUpTake.org, a nonprofit online video news gathering and broadcasting organization.
His passion for finding and building new concepts lead him to establish Flarean.
Other Top Tech Stories
Cool Thing of the Week
- Phil: Tesla unveils its $35,000 Model 3
- Tim: Domotics Kit: an IoT platform for every Smart Home
- Steve: BlogBooker – Make a PDF out of your blog
- Julio: ZAGG Messenger Universal Keyboard and Apple’s Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
- The Complete List of 250+ Tech, IT, and DevOps Conferences in 2016
- AlterConf April 9th, LeadPages
- Twin Cities Code Camp 20, April 16th, 2016, University of Minnesota
- IoT Fuse, April 22nd, Univ of St. Thomas-Minneapolis
- MinneWebCon U of MN McNamara Alumni Ctr April 25-26
- GlitchCon, April 29-30, McNamara Alumni Center
- 2016 Minneapolis/St. Paul Mini Maker Faire, May 14, MN State Fairgrounds
- WordCamp Minneapolis, May 21-22 2016, Humphrey Institute, Minneapolis