We jokingly tweeted and mentioned earlier this week that we’d invited the Pope to be on this week’s podcast now that he was in the United States, but unfortunately his spokesperson said he had politely declined. We got a bunch of retweets, emails and mentions from listeners and now wish we’d actually asked! (Thankfully Phil was on a White House tour so he could photobomb the President and Pope).
Past Week’s Top MN Stories
- Graeme’s post: Raising Money You Don’t Need: MN Startup Trend?
- Schulze foundation to spend $500,000 to bolster entrepreneurship
- St. Paul brothers think their Web-based music app has a niche
- Getting girls into tech careers a priority for Minnesota groups
Other Top Tech Stories
- Skype DOWN: Microsoft messenger and video chat app NOT working across the GLOBE
- Apple’s iOS 9 breaks VPNs
- Could iOS 9 be Apple’s greatest gift to enterprise IT?
- Apple, Microsoft, others slammed for supporting cybersecurity bill
- iPhone Video
- Apple Targets Electric-Car Shipping Date for 2019
- Apple refunding all purchases of Peace
Steve’s Security Tip of the Week
TIP: Consider turning off Siri on your Apple iOS device’s lock screen. Why? Barely a week after the release of iOS 9, a hacker has found a way for snoops to access your contacts and photos and send messages without your passcode.
About the iOS 9 and 9.0.1 bug: Change this setting to stop Siri spilling your selfies!
Cool Thing of the Week
- Phil: Bondic: Liquid plastic welder
- Tim: Robin: The smarter smartphone
- Steve: Rare Bison herd can now be spotted in Minnesota State Park
- Minnesota Venture Conference, October 1st, Mpls Conv Ctr
- Open Source North Conference Oct 3rd
Camp COCO, North Shore/Lake Superior, October 9-11
- Mobile Twin Cities: The Future of Apps Oct 13th
- 2015 MIMA Summit, Oct. 15th
- IoT Hack Day, Oct 17th
- LED Costumes at IoTHackday 2015, Oct 17th
- Converted2015 (LeadPages conference), October 20-21
- MinneAnalytics “HALIcon” (Healthcare Analytics Lean-In Conference 2), Optum Campus, Oct 23
- MHTA Tekne Awards, Nov 18th