It is with equal measure of sadness and deep appreciation that we say “so long” to Graeme Thickins (LinkedIn; ; Twitter; his blog) as an ongoing host of the Minnov8 Gang podcast. Like many of us the acceleration in his business, involvement as a board member for the wildly successful big data group Minneanalytics, alongside all of his other commitments, have made carving out the time to prepare and record the podcast just too much.
Graeme was one of the co-founders of Minnov8 and has been podcasting with us since we started in June of 2008 (hear that first show, and all of our other hundreds of shows, located here in our podcast archive). Besides podcasting nearly every week (and sometimes from his car, connected to Wifi in the cabin, when up at the lake) Graeme’s also written many posts; liveblogged events Minnov8 covered; interviewed startups, CxO-level company executives, and shot video. But mostly it was his deep and analytical understanding of the venture capital space and startup world that brought a unique perspective to this show.
That…and his energy, wit and willingness to be the butt of our “Photoshop jokes” all too frequently. So no…he’s not actually going to be modeling jammies for Victoria’s Secret, but we couldn’t help ourselves poking fun at him just one more time! 😉
Thank you Graeme.
Past Week’s Top Minnesota Stories
- E-commerce firm Four51 plots hiring streak after raising $5M
- Stillwater startup tackles smartphone diabetes testing
- Many see coding boot camps as a fast track to jobs
Other Top Tech Stories
- Microsoft Plumbs Ocean’s Depths to Test Underwater Data Center
- Microsoft launches IoT Hub to ingest data from the physical world
- Meet the Guy Behind Amazon’s Secret Retail Store Plans
- IDC: Tablet shipments decline 10.1% in 2015, leaders Apple & Samsung lose market share
- A first-hand quest for the future of sex, Part 2: Mission diverted
- New Technologies Give Government Ample Means to Track Suspects, Study Finds
- Should we actually be worried about IoT opening many (dozens?) of backdoors into our devices?
Cool Thing of the Week
- Phil: Aerial-Surface-Underwater Reconnaissance Drone
- Tim: The Olmose App – Reuse technology for your security
- Steve: Sugru: Mouldable Glue
- The Complete List of 250+ Tech, IT, and DevOps Conferences in 2016
- DevFest February 6, St. Thomas
- MinneDemo 22, Thursday, February 18th, Depot, Minneapolis 6pm. Tickets TBD)
- IoT Fuse, April 22, Univ of St. Thomas-Minneapolis
- MinneWebCon U of MN McNamara Alumni Ctr April 25-26