The reliability of the cloud is something that is discussed whenever there is a major outage of any kind. WordPress.com’s outage this past week took down sites like TechCrunch, GigaOM and over 10.2M other blogs. Media Temple (a place Tim and Steve host sites at) has consistent issues with slowness on their Grid Service and database calls (sometimes reeeeeally slow). All of our increasing reliance on the cloud is becoming more and more important as we shift our computing online.
We also discuss the Flash and iPad/iPhone controversy, Comcast bandwidth metering, upcoming events and more.
Discussed during the show:
- Cloud Computing links:
- Flash and the iPad/iPhone controversy:
- New York Times article about no Flash on the iPad
- Steve’s post about a personal Flash video test
- Article about Adobe blocking HTML5 specification from supporting Flash
- AppleInsider’s post entitled, “Inside Apple’s iPad: Adobe Flash“. It’s a three page article so be sure to read all the pages
- An Adobe Flash developer on why the iPad can’t use Flash
- Other links: