With the fundamentals around traditional media changing dramatically—and many subscribing to the theory that public media will be the organizations that will lead investigative journalism going forward—Twin Cities Public Television (TPT) must’ve been delighted to snag someone with the skills of John Daenzer, formerly head of interactive at WCCO-TV. As the new Vice President, Interactive Media for TPT, hear what John is up to now and his thoughts on the changing nature of media and much, much more.
Discussed during the show:
- Gruber on Steve Jobs leaving
- Apple’s $3.9 Billion Investment Was in LCD Displays?
- Public Media 2.0
- Report: Rethinking Public Media: More Local, More Inclusive, More Interactive (PDF)
- Minnesota Video Vault
- New York Times article on Google and start-up mentality
- Google launching competitor to Groupon and Living Social
- Upcoming Events:
- Now: US Pond Hockey Championships ( @USPondHockey #USPHC). Event now owned by local TST Media
- Wednesday, January 26th: MHTA Welcome Bash for incoming president Margaret Anderson Kelliher
- Thursday, January 27th: MSP WordPress User’s Group meeting at The Nerdery
- Saturday, March 19th: MOBILE MARCH. New part of this years mobile event…Mobile 3D set for March 18th
- Saturday, March 26th: Overnight Website Challenge
|Download the show|