Without question startups need world-class legal counsel. From choosing what kind of legal entity to use (e.g., S-corp; LLC; LLP) to funding with private equity or debt while also protecting the intellectual property value of the business, it’s always a challenge to find legal representation with a combination of tech-savvy, cutting-edge awareness and trust.
New Counsel, PLC are business attorneys serving the needs of entrepreneurs and companies that market technology or rely on it for strategic advantage. They cater to the needs of the technology industry through broad and deep experience, their diligence, and what they term their “competitive fees”. Many of you know them as a firm likely to be a sponsor of Minnesota technology events like Minnedemo, Mobile March and many others.
We’re pleased to have one of the principals of New Counsel on this week’s show, John Roberts, who brings with him an incredible background in high technology counsel. We discuss the startup scene in Minnesota, what they offer and more.
Discussed during the show:
- Storify; Colorware; CiviCRM; DoApp; Minnesota Cup
- MN Startups mentioned by John:
- Upcoming Events:
- May 2: MIMA “CATFOA” (ad agencies are getting into the software business?)
- May 6th: U of MN Mobile Technology: Adoption, Design and Sustainability Lessons
- May 7th: Minnebar (tickets)
- May 13: MIMA “iOS Strategy, Design, and Development Workshops” (SOLD OUT)