The Gang has on Mike Sowada, CEO of VISI. Mike has been a leader in technology management for over 20 years, co-founding Digital North, a leading provider of business-class hosting solutions, as well as a career as a leader at DKS Systems, Net Perceptions, Inc., The Musicland Group, and as he embarked on his career starting off at Andersen Consulting. He also was named “2009 Entrepreneur of the Year” for his contributions and leadership in the area of Internet technologies. This is a guy who knows what he’s talking about when it comes to cloud computing!
Hosts: Steve Borsch, Tim Elliott and Graeme Thickins (Phil Wilson is off this week hosting a panel discussion at the fabulous Social Media Breakfast, Minneapolis/St. Paul (SMBMSP)).
Discussed during the show:
- Apple causes ‘religious’ reaction in brains of fans, say neuroscientists
- VISI’s: $10 million dollar expansion in Eden Prairie; ReliaCloud offering; parent TDS
- LinkedIn Closes At $94 Per Share, With $8.9 Billion Market Cap
- Apple Cloud Service (rumors)
- Earthquakes in the Midwest
- Amazon.com Now Selling More Kindle Books Than Print Books
- The uber-sexy Olympus LS-20 which will do both HD audio and HD video
- That Minnesota company in water Graeme mentioned is Pentair (article at Wikipedia; press release on recent acquisition)