We’re pleased to have Julio Ojeda Zapata on this week as our guest host. He’d been on an adventure to California speaking at Google as an author (of his “iPad Means Business” book), being briefed as press by Apple on behalf of his tech column at the St. Paul Pioneer Press, and visiting the new TWiT studio in Petaluma, CA. Besides seeing the new studio, Julio was in the audience for the iPad Today show and was also on as a guest for the this Tech News Today episode.
We also discuss the amazing patent wars going on with seemingly Apple and Microsoft on one side and Google on the other. It’s shaping up to be one incredible battle and we discuss it at length.
Discussed during the show:
- The Nerdery
- Google, Microsoft Patent Spat Heats Up
- Google Fires Back At Microsoft, Both Companies Are Looking Lame Right Now
- Adobe Edge
- The new TWiT Studio (watch the video here for ribbon-cutting & tour)
- Dan Benjamin and 5by5 Studios
- Sunday, August 22nd at Noon: MinneBar-B-Cue