Lots of surprising news this week with the resignation of Best Buy CEO and allegations of improprieties along with the jaw-dropping valuation of Instagram as acquired by Facebook.
Discussed during the show:
- Best Buy’s Brian Dunn out: Best Buy: Dunn Is Done; Is The Retailer Doomed, Too? and Why Best Buy CEO Brian Dunn Had To Quit and Best Buy: CEO Brian Dunn resigns over ‘personal conduct’ issue and Cringley’s article on why Best Buy is Doomed
- Is Instagram Really Worth $1B? Really? Facebook and Instagram: Made for Each Other and Insta-rich: How Instagram became a $1-billion company in 18 months and Instagram and Facebook: the next tech bubble?
- Does Windows Phone Have Any Chance Of Market Traction? Nokia, AT&T launch the Lumia 900 amid few lines, strong buzz and Windows Phone will only account for 2% of app downloads in 2012, firm says
- 11 Startups That Could Get Bought For $1 Billion Tomorrow
- Apple’s New WYSIWYG App Development Tool for iOS? Will Apple’s patent granted Thursday enable app development for the masses?
- Minnebar 2012 sessions
- Jason Calcanis post about Apple as trillion dollar company due to payments
- Tim Elliott’s team (Full Court WordPress) non-profit site built during the Overnight Website Challenge: New site; Old site
- April (various dates): dSchool at CoCo
- April 16-17: MinneWebCon at the U of MN
- April 21st: SaaS Class: Software-as-a-Service Smarts (SaaS Camp 2012) at CoCo Mpls
- April 25th: MSP WordPress User Group Meeting at 7pm, The Nerdery
- April 25th: MHTA Spring Conference, Minneapolis Convention Center
- May 21st: Predictive Analytics Forum, Medtronic’s Mounds View Campus
- June 5-8: eyeo Festival, Walker Art Center
- Weekly: TechMasters is a new Toastmasters chapter in Twin Cities for tech professionals
|Press to Play Podcast:||Direct Link to Podcast MP3|