When the group ‘Outkast’ delivered the line in their song “Hey Ya!” encouraging women on the dance floor to, “shake it like a Polaroid picture“—a reference to an old technique used by some photographers to dry the wet Polaroid film by shaking the picture helped it to dry faster—Polaroid put out a press release asking people NOT to wave around today’s Polaroid pictures since they didn’t need to dry them like that anymore.
We sure don’t have to deal with instant photo prints anymore, heh? On this podcast we talk about today’s Polaroid and lament (a bit) the passing of what one of us described as “the Apple of the 1970s”. But since we have on Julio Ojeda-Zapata, the show is quite upbeat as we talk about the latest-and-greatest technologies and hear from a guy who gets to play with most of them before he writes his articles for TwinCities.com on his tech blog or for the St. Paul Pioneer Press newspaper.
Discussed during the show…
- Best Buy
- Mobile World Congress 2013
- Mobile OSes
- Copyright Alert System (CAS)
- Mozilla CEO: Android, iOS leave lots of room for Firefox OS
- E Ink Android Phone Lasts a Week, Weighs Next to Nothing
- SmartThings List of Preliminary Compatible Offerings
- Digiboo’s public digital-video kiosks spread to the U. of M.
- E-commerce services firm Digital River has a new CEO
- Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MOCA)
- With thrifty, easy Aereo, get your own personal antenna
- Weekly: TechMasters – a Tech Toastmasters chapter
- Sat/Sun March 2-3rd: Midwest PHP Conference
- Tuesday, March 5th: The Exploding Toolbox: What you Need and Why, Business Marketing Association
- Sat/Sun March 9-10: Overnight Web Challenge
- Wednesday, March 20th: Minnesota Entrepreneur Kick-Off
- Thursday, March 21st: Mobile March 2013
- Thursday, March 21st: TechFuse
- Saturday, April 6th: Minnebar Best Buy HQ
- Tuesday, April 30th: MHTA’s Spring Conference
- Wed-Sat, June 5-8: EyeO Festival, Walker Art Center