This week’s show has two bonus guests: our guest host, Julio Ojeda-Zapata, and our guest Nick Roseth. The former has unique perspectives on the tech stories covered and the latter has an exciting new Minnesota-tech-centric documentary called DocuMNtary, an effort which has this Kickstarter to ensure it gets made. Go there, watch the trailer, and support it!
A new hashtag has also emerged, #IamMNTech, which is the perfect way to identify Minnesota’s accelerating technology ecosystem and promote anything tech-centric here in the #North. Use it going forward.
Past Week’s Biggest MN Stories
- Recaps: Twin Cities Start Up Week; BetaMN; MinneDemo
- DoorDash enters restaurant food delivery market in east metro
- Lowertown St. Paul startup Ilos Videos makes video-casting easy
Nick Roseth (LinkedIn) of SWAT Solutions. With 16 years in digital, Nick has worked with companies big and small to grow business while leveraging available resources. He and a small group of tech enthusiast have launched this Kickstarter campaign to tell the story of the thriving technology community in the Twin Cities.
Other Top Tech Stories
- Apple Event
- Apple iPad Pro announced with Apple Pencil and a Smart Keyboard
- The Apple Pencil Is The iPad Pro’s Secret Weapon
- Apple Unveils A More Powerful Apple TV, Shipping In October
- Apple Introduces The iPhone 6s And iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple’s iPhone 6s camera makes a huge leap in quality
- Ojeda-Zapata: Stylish Apple tech from local firms
Cool Thing of the Week
- Phil: Slip Cup
- Tim: BB-8 Awakens: Is Sphero’s New Droid the Most Awesome Star Wars Toy Ever?
- Julio: The Classic Band for Apple Watch
- Steve: The Grommet’s “Tech, Gadgets & Tools” section
- Minnesota Venture Conference, October 1st, Mpls Conv Ctr
- Open Source North Conference Oct 3rd
Camp COCO, North Shore/Lake Superior, October 9-11
- Mobile Twin Cities: The Future of Apps Oct 13th
- 2015 MIMA Summit, Oct. 15th
- IoT Hack Day, Oct 17th
- LED Costumes at IoTHackday 2015, Oct 17th
- Converted2015 (LeadPages conference), October 20-21
- MinneAnalytics “HALIcon” (Healthcare Analytics Lean-In Conference 2), Optum Campus, Oct 23
- MHTA Tekne Awards, Nov 18th