DocuMNtary: The Story of TECH in Minnesota, will be released right after the upcoming Minnesota Cup event on September 22, 2016. Knowing many of the people in the film, hearing them enthusiastically discuss the experience, and my own watching of the trailer a few times, this documentary is undoubtedly going to have a big, positive impact on Minnesota’s tech scene.
The documentary team is comprised of producer Nick Roseth and videographer Eric Jenson, two accomplished techies who have all the requisite skills to make this film one worth watching and for promoting to everyone you know OUTSIDE of Minnesota who is relatively clueless about the tech scene here. Their about page is here which will give you a synopsis of their motivation, focus, objective and how the film itself is structured:
- We have an incredible community, we are growing, we need tech talent, and we don’t do a very good job of telling our story.
- DocuMNtary is a project to build awareness of technology in Minnesota by telling our story through a documentary series.
- The project objective is to help Minnesota become a top 5 tech community by retaining and attracting top technology talent.
- DocuMNtary will be distributed primarily as a web experience along with other channel partners such as public television. The web experience allows us to ensure that this story is available to all people and organizations in Minnesota and beyond.
- The series consists of the 30-minute high-level story, and individual 5-10 minute stories from specific people, companies, industries, or other components of our ecosystem. The documentary format allows us to tell the world not only about our great community, innovation, and company stories, but also gives us opportunity to talk about our great music scene, values, outdoor life, culinary wonders, and a booming craft beer industry to name just a few things that make Minnesota what it is.
When Will It Be Released?
Join community leaders, technologists, and many others to celebrate and advocate our tech community.
- 7pm, September 22nd, 2016
- McNamara Alumni Center, University of Minnesota (map)
- Immediately following MN Cup Awards Presentation
How to Get a Ticket
- Get on the mailing list: Some time ago we signed up to get on the list for when DocuMNtary would be released. We’re so close…so it’s time for you to sign up now!
- Then watch your email: Ticket release will be August 15th. Keep an eye out for an email with ticket release info.
- Share this post and/or email it to one person and tell them to check out the trailer.
Interested in sponsorship? Sponsorship info can be found here (PDF).