One of the most interesting Internet of Things (IoT) events of the year is IoTHackday, a fun, FREE day that brings together teams, novel ideas, and an entrepreneurial spirit to dream up and build cool new devices to solve everyday problems.
Teams form, submit their ideas ahead of the event, and hack for 12 hours. The public is invited to attend at the end of the day at 8pm, vote for their favorite teams. Top teams receive hardware and prizes!
Justin Grammens is our guest this week (see profile below) and he tells all about IoTHackday, an event started with Patrick Delaney, and one you will definitely want to attend.
Past Week’s Top Minnesota Stories
- Brain Drain Is Lowering Minnesota’s Tech Workforce
- GovDelivery poised for further growth in St. Paul
- Study: Twin Cities one of eight best for tech-startup workers
This Week’s Guest: Justin Grammens
Justin Grammens is a founding partner of Lab 651, building the next generation of connected devices, owner of Recursive Awesome, an IoT data analytics consulting company and publisher of IoT Weekly, a publication covering current trends on the Internet of Things.
He is also a co-founder of IoTFuse, a 501(c)(3) non-profit to advance the Internet of Things, and an adjunct professor teaching a graduate level course on the Internet of Things at the University of Saint Thomas.
In addition to all of that we’re told Justin occasionally sleeps and, when not doing so, is a devoted husband as well as a great father to two young boys.
Other Top Tech Stories
- Samsung Kills Off Note 7 After Second Round of Battery Fires
- Oculus removes support for Galaxy Note7 in Gear VR
- Within months, Google to divide its index, giving mobile users better & fresher content
- Mossberg: Why does Siri seem so dumb?
Cool Thing of the Week
- Phil: Polygons | The Flat 4-in-1 Measuring Spoon
- Tim: The Camera, Speaker, & Pixel Kit: physical computing for all
- Steve: OBi200 – VoIP Telephone Adapter with 1-Phone Port & USB
- The Complete List of 250+ Tech, IT, and DevOps Conferences in 2016
- Converted 2016 by Leadpages, Oct 18th, Depot Renaissance Hotel, Mpls
- IoT Hack Day, October 22, Minnetronix
- WE* Made It by MN Cup, Nov. 7th, Clockwork
- Gamer’s Rhapsody 2016, Nov 18th, Bloomington